4:50:00 PM - Monday, August 11, 2008
I rushed through my wardrobe, searching for the right thing to wear. Nothing suits anymore, everything seems so wrong and irritating. Rummaging through my sister's wardrobe [ with her permission, of course! ] I finally got what I wanted.
But I still look shitty but I have no time to change.
TIME OUT!
I was late and BF is pissed, I rushed down, to the carpark and waited for him. Oh he is REALLY pissed, clumsily climbing into the Nissan, I greeted him. He is not cheerful or happy, he was tired, sleepy and very very grumpy. My bad! :S
We're supposed to meet at 11am for breakfast, sight seeing and then heading towards City Hall for the celebration, and I only get readied around 11.15am and met him at around 11.30am almost 12pm. SORRY!
After breakfast, we headed to Telok Blangah Hill [ our favourite place, of course ;) ] and enjoyed some quality time, happily enjoying the cheerful scene and sights. Happily taking pictures with his camera and my spoiled Cannon but still can be use. After a momment, we decided to take our leave and went for the celebration and then I saw this couple.
She dresses like me, sort of!
And then I realise after starring [ haha! as if! ] at her. OMG! That's my cousin, and she noticed me too. We greeted each other [ and obviously sizing one and another, FYI she's way way WAY older then I am, even much older then my sis. If you get what I mean ] and said our goodbyes.
Obviously both of us feel totally uncomfurtable around the other.
And so we drove to City Hall only to get stuck and lost and alas, we reached Raffles City. It was raining and packed with people, various races, ages and sizes. We walk in groups even though we doesn't know the other.
It was traffic jam caused by humans who are proud to celebrate their country's birthday :) and I am one of them, though I didn't wore red and white. Most I've seen are Banglahs who obviously taken this advantage to come close to woman / girls and be cheeky. Eeks! But who cares about them, right? We're here to see the fireworks, have fun and celebrate!
Roads blocked, pathments blocked by human chain. It have gotten so hard to move around and get to the destination, after walking one huge round from City Hall to Fullerton and through the blocked bridge to the Esplanade, we finally reached Riverside Esplanade.
It was raining but me and BF was busily munching and finding a place to stand plus I couldn't see anything, suddenly it feels so frustrating to be short. ALAS, we found a spot with his parents and littlest. The spot was great, we got to see EVERYTHING! From the dark knights to the floating balloons and the amazing fireworks. But too bad we've reached late or else we would have seen the earlier shows.
I got busy snapping away.
The route to Raffles City was more complicated then it was before. We got stuck, real bad. Lost and sardined between unknown people and those we know. The banglahs were "accidentally" banging and pushing and some others were too impatient and kept pushing too. I was damn irritated with everyone banging and pushing.
I felt like shouting, screaming. And most of all, kicking, shooving, punching and my favourite elbow-ing people, just like the scene in the mosh. But again, I just shouted, pushed and glared. Pushed a Banglah, shouted at this one foreign dude who obviously didn't know how to wait and glaring at this other foreign dude who seems he is trying to do something obscene. Eww!
We finally reached the car park, through with human jams, lost route, BO [ seriously! ], matreps, minareps, banglahs and whats-evs else. We gotten lost again in the traffic but alas we reached Bedok Resvouir and send off BF's parents and littlest.
Filled our empty stomach at BK White Sands and BF send me home.
11.30am to 11.00pm.
12 and a half hours out.
WOW!
Thanks for the day, darling BF :) you're the best.
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY [ BELATED ] BIRTHDAY, SINGAPORE.
I hope you love the celebrations and the sparkly fireworks, I obviously do :D
09th August 2008.
HAPPY NATIONAL DAY, SINGAPOREANS.
s'étreignent et s'embrassent
xoxo; yourstruly