9:32:00 PM - Wednesday, August 6, 2008
My heart pounded in my chest so hard I could hear the beating loudly and I bet they could see it as if my flesh and bones are transparent. My hands are sweaty and my knees felt weak, I was practically shaking all over.
Oh my! This is worst than going for an interview.
I spoke little, ate little... Only answer if question. I was a mouse, totally, obviously, NOT ME! My eyes screened the place, located at Pasir Ris, Coasta Sand at Block G. It look exactly the same as the last time I came, only it wasn't nerve recking at all and that was years ago while I was in my secondary 4.
The place looked the same, two story high, 1 bed room, 1 toilet, a sink, a back door, a huge entry and a place where the BBQ would be taking place. Only this time, I couldn't feel relax. It is not that I am not allowed, it is just that I am super nervous, wondering and too embarrassed to move.
"Are you okay?" BF asked. Yes I was, I really am. Everybody was nice to me, but I am still to shy and to nervous to act myself. I wouldn't and couldn't see myself jumping on top of the stairs and dancing like a chicken while BBQ-ing the food... Not then, especially not in front of his family members.
Yes, I was invited to his family chalet.
It was exciting, the food was superb! Satay, chickens, octopus, prawns, deng deng, mee, babat, otak otak and fish. The scene was filled with family chattering and having fun, and I suddenly missed doing all this fun stuffs with my family and cousins. That would be exhilarating.
Feeling totally shy and out of place, I was practically BF's shadow for the day / night. I followed him everywhere, I wont eat if he wont eat, wont sit if he isn't there... It is not what you think, I am so independent if I want to but I just feel out of place and I want something familiar around me, and that would be BF.
The day turned to night and the family decided to go for "venture" at the Swamp. It wasn't pitch dark, it was just around 8 ish, but knowing what happened the last time I went there just creeps me. It was lucky that we went in such a big group. My hand was held by one of BF's aunt, Aunt B. She grabbed me tight, it felt comforting to feel some one's hand and not being alone. Knowing well that I couldn't possibly flee to BF and cling ed on his arm. The trip went short, cause Aunt B decided that she wanted to leave, the cousins groaned and complained. But decisions are made by the elderly, and there is none they could do.
The boys wanted to continue venturing while the rest decided to get back. I followed BF as he followed the boys but then we decided to get back cause it was time for me to go.
I stayed a momment and said my goodbyes. I left with BF sending me off home, where then we stayed for a momment to chat and spend time alone.
It was nice to be invited and thank you for inviting, the food is good and the company is nice. :)
And I couldn't believe that one of his cousin thought I was 18. LOL! How kind of you.
01st August 2008 at Chalet
s'étreignent et s'embrassent
xoxo; yourstruly