The book,
Breakfast At Tiffany's which I've been waiting for have arrived.
*Jumps excitedly* And
K and me went to WS's NLB to pick it up. It came with a worn out soft vintage looking cover, and the image of Audrey Hepburn smoking on it. Superb! I am keeping it for later, and couldn't help searching for more Cecily Von Ziegesar's books.
The bookworm is back I guess, talking about being a bookworm... Do any of you know where to buy a full collection of hard cover books?
~*~
BF and I sitting at Pasir Ris Park on those small round stolls, facing each other around 9.30pm, Wednesday.
BF: So, tell me the truth. Why did you accept me?
Its a question I never thought he would ask again, I know I had told him over and over again the reason but again I still don't know how to put in the words properly. My heart began its thumping but faster and faster. I exhaled and then the spilling out the truth began:
Its funny how things went. I just think somethings you just cant plan about it, neither
BF nor me expected it, how we could came by as a total stranger to actually planning a future together now, how strange, how weird... How magically interesting. Like you have no control of it, I think, it is meant to be. :)
The family was fussing, noisily cleaning up the house. Someone's coming, help them out... Helping
K out.
K's fiance (now her hubby) are coming over, moving some furnitures to their new house. How interesting, soon
K would be living with her hubby in her own house, I wonder would it be like what she always said her house would be? And then I heard commotions, one by one boys in their 20s came in my house. Total strangers except for
BIL.
I paid no attention to them, till I saw my bedroom's door was ajar and two sort of short boys laughing gleefully. I was pissed, how dare they! Came into my house, unknown... Invited yes, but still... How they dare just open my bedroom door! I stood up from my cozy corner on the couch and stormed to them and banged the door shut.
MORONS!I sat back on the couch, watching the TV but I did noticed the last boy who came in. His hair was a mess, all spiky yet unruly way. His eyes are small behind those nerdy glasses and he looked more Chinese then Malay but something about him just intrigued me, something interesting. I just couldn't put my finger on it...
Things went blurry afterwards, boys came in and out of the house bring the furnitures down the stairway towards the lorry BIL had rented for the day. I helped out a bit, bring boxers down too, but then while I was about to stepped out of my house, someone spoke:
boleh tak?With a slight nod and mumbling that I could do it, I walked past the boy. And when everything was settled and after
A The Brat begged me to follow him to the new house, I followed. I helped bring the furnitures and boxers up. But when everything was settled, I stood in the new house, looking lost and then I saw him, the interesting guy with his Chinese look bring up the wardrobe.
Feeling flustered, I walk away, looking out the window.
We rode back to home, and the boys are served with BK burgers
K bought before they came. One by one, those boys came in, laughing and chatting and then that boy came again. He smiled at his friend, talking about something but he seem the quiet one but yet it is so hard to believe that. The
Ah Beng-Good-Boy look, how interesting. He was cute, if I really had to admit it but I just let it go.
The next day,
K came home all smiley...
K:
ada orang minat pat kau. In an instant, I said:
yang pendek2, Chinese-looking ehk? Yang pakai spects?I am not sure how or why I asked if it is him, and it would be better if it is him though, that interesting boy. And I was right... Somehow, I could really remember his face. Somehow.
The day afterwards, he was supposed to message but I guess it was just a joke and I just put it aside, a bit disappointed but still not caring much. But the next day...
*beep* -
Hi, boleh buat kawan?It was a very boring way to start a conversation and quite a mistake. I get bored and not interested after awhile, but
K insisted I give him a message the day after. And need to thanks
K for the opinion.
Things afterwards went great, we hit it off well, I've became comfortable around him and then one day he asked me out and I suggested Coffee at Starbux Fulleton. My impression of him? Quiet, polite and very good boy, but still he still got that mysterious aura around. I became more interested.
The weeks after, we kept meeting up. It became like a schedule, we would meet up every week on his off days and I would accompany him when he is on duty and alone, it seems like we're in a relationship without any strings attach. It feels nice.
On one particular day, he brought me to Mount Faber and I took a glance of him from the corners of my eyes. He seems different that day, and then... he took off his spects, and I found something new. He look way way
WAY cuter! And suddenly, out of no where... it seems like the light of the moon was shinning on him, cheeks flushed, I looked away and walked away from him. Could it be? But I kept mum... I guessed it is.
Weeks passed and then on 22nd February, he popped the question. I knew he would be asking me the question, we discussed about it but then I still didn't expect the fluttering in my stomach. I knew my answer...
5 months and 1 day later, here I am... reminiscing about those days. The truth. Sitting at PasirRis Park, looking out at the sea with my boyfriend that very intersting boy with the Chinese look beside me. I have truly fallen...
deep!Still unsure what to do, I took out my box of LD Menthol and took out a stick and lit it.
I: So, what about you?~*~
F's phone beeped. He was on his way home from work, tired and sweaty. Looking at his phone, he realised it was
S, his Bedok friend. Asking for help of moving furniture to his new home.
F was tired but he could put it aside and help his friend... So off he went to meet
S and off they went in the lorry with 2 other friend to Pasir Ris,
S's fiance's house.
Happily chatting, he went in the house last. Not noticing anybody and then
A, his friend was leaning against a door when it went ajar. He laughed. A few minutes later things became busy, carrying boxers and furnitures down to the lorry but then he notice this girl, she was chatting to
S's fiance's mom.
Who was she?She got this black over-sized hoodie, shorts, her hair was tied up and she was wearing a spec. She look all innocent, she look Chinese. Who was she?
F ignored her and went on with his business, and then he turned, there she was carrying a box.
F:
boleh tak? She nodded and mummbled she could do it, so he let her past him.
He didn't see her much later on till at
S's house where she stood looking all lost in the house.
F ignored her, things went smooth afterwards.
F: Ehk, tadi siapa uh?
S: Tunang aku nya adik uh, asal kau nak kenal2 dengan die?
F: Urm, die confirm taknak lah. Tapi kalau dapat, dapat uh.
The next day
S gave
F her number, and he pondered to message her or not. He pondered long, but the next day he gathered his courage and gave her a message, it didn't went well. She doesn't seem like she was interested but the day after, early morn, he received a message from her.
Days after, they went out to Starbux at Fullerton. His impression?
She's firm.Days after weeks, things became more comfortable, he doesn't know why but at times he doesn't act himself. He seems more quiet and not his crazy self, he likes her but she doesn't seem to like him.
He was confused.And then 2 months afterwards, she gave him a hint. And he started to make the courage again and asked her:
Do you want to be my girl?Then 5months and 1 day later... his phone rang, on the screen:
Ilah's home. They quickly took off, as she spoke to her mom as she stubbed her finishing cigarette on the dustbin, she took his hand and off they went to the carpark to her home.
~*~
So, did I get it right Yang? :)